This easy vegetarian sweet potato hash is a weekend winner! Thanks to the addition of brussels sprouts and sweet apple, this delicious hash is loaded with cancer-fighting nutrients as well as being a healthy treat for the whole family. With eggs baked on top, and perhaps served with a side of grilled vegan breakfast sausage, it’s a wonderfully special way to start your day.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Fill a large pot with water and place on high heat. Bring to a boil. Add sweet potatoes to boiling water and blanch for about 5 minutes, until tender. Drain and reserve.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat and add oil. Add onions and Brussels sprouts. Sauté for about 8 minutes, stirring often, until caramelized. Add apples and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes. Add blanched sweet potatoes, rosemary and thyme. Stir and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until sweet potatoes are tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Create 4 openings in sweet potato mix and crack an egg into each one. Season with salt and pepper. Place skillet in oven and cook for 7 to 9 minutes until eggs are cooked. Remove skillet from oven. Serve each portion with one egg and some veggies.
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cups chopped Brussels sprouts
- 2 apples, diced
- 1 rosemary sprig, leaves chopped
- 1 thyme sprig, leaves chopped
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
Ann's Tips and Tricks
This is a great way to use up leftover Thanksgiving vegetables for a yummy Black Friday breakfast. They’ll make this easy recipe go even quicker, just jump to step 3!