This lemony vegan warm asparagus, spinach, and couscous salad makes for an easy weeknight dinner with a lot of flavor. The asparagus is slow roasted, which brings out its natural sweetness, and the couscous is toasted to give it a deeper nuttier taste. I also like the added crunch of the raw red peppers. Once you toss the whole thing together with baby spinach and lemon, the result is pretty near perfect. It’s also great for lunch leftovers the next day!
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a half baking sheet with parchment paper
2. Toss asparagus in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and spread in a single layer on the small baking sheet. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Roast uncovered for fifteen minutes, or until tender.
3. In a small saucepan, heat the remaining tablespoon olive oil over medium-low heat until it begins to shimmer. Add diced onion and pinch of salt. Cook, stirring often, until soft and translucent.
4. Add Israeli couscous to saucepan and stir to coat in oil. Adjust heat to medium-high and cook until couscous begins to darken, about 5 minutes.
5. Add 1½ cup water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes, or until tender.
Be the first to leave a review.