White Bean And Dill Salad is as simple as it is delicious. I first ate this classic Mediterranean summer salad in Greece. I like to make it with the giant lima beans called Gigantes. This salad is great with both fresh and canned beans. Choose either cannellini beans or canned giant lima beans, both work well, but be sure to drain and rinse them well before using. If you use home cooked beans, once you’ve drained them, save the broth to add to soups; it freezes really well.
- Mix together the shallots, dill, and oil and vinegar in a bowl. Season to taste.
- Add in the beans and gently mix until coated with the dressing.
- Let the salad sit for an hour in a cool place to let the flavors to develop. Serve!
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar or lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cooked white cannellini beans, drained