I love this White Bean & Roasted Beet Sandwich. The flavors of the sweet roasted beets and spicy arugula are bound together by a rich-tasting white bean dip. Buy the tastiest wholegrain bread you can find, and you’ll have a gourmet lunch that packs protein, phytonutrients, and deliciousness all in one package. Who could ask for anything more?
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Peel beets and cut into quarters, then into ½-inch slices. Transfer to a baking sheet and drizzle with a little olive oil and salt. Roast for 20-30 minutes, or until tender.
3. In a food processor combine the drained beans, garlic, rosemary, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt. Process until smooth. Taste for seasonings.
4. In a medium bowl whisk together the Dijon and balsamic vinegar. When the beets are done roasting, toss in the beets until well dressed.
5. Spread the white bean spread evenly between four slices of sandwich bread, top each with beets and some arugula. Cover with the remaining slices of bread. Cut and serve.
Ann’s Tips and Tricks
If you have some of our White Bean Dip left over, this is the perfect sandwich for it. If you don’t have time to roast beets, use the vacuum packed French beets instead.
If you are are on a neutropenic or anti-microbial diet, either leave the spinach or arugula out, or wilt them in a pan with a little boiling water first.
Be the first to leave a review.