A chai is sometimes the perfect sweet pick-me up on a really cold day. But going to a fancy coffee shop is sometimes out of reach or just too expensive. Coffee shop chai can be made right on your stove, and you’ll end up with something quite delicious that is lower is sugar than a traditional chai latte. You can buy any brand of chai tea that you like for this Almond Milk Chai Tea, if you get one that is already naturally flavored with vanilla, slowly add vanilla to taste so you don’t end up with something too sweet.Click here for the video!
1. Warm the almond milk in a sauce pot. Remove from heat. Add the tea bags, cover, and steep for 5-7 minutes.
2. Take tea bags out and add vanilla, cinnamon and ground cloves.
3. Pour into tea cups and serve. Or let cool and pour over ice.
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 3 chai tea bags
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
Ann's Tips and Tricks
Recipes like this are totally customizable. The trick is to start with unsweetened almond milk and a very basic type of chai tea. From there you can add as much spice and sugar as you want. For extra taste, you can also add cardamom or star anise. Just add different spices slowly and taste as you go.