Savory, yet healthy breakfasts are hard to come by these days. But, this apple and almond butter toast is an exception. With some fruit, whole wheat toast, cinnamon, a little bit of sweetness, and some protein from the almond butter, this dish will surely satisfy your Sunday morning french toast cravings.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium size bowl, mix apples, butter and sugar. Spread the apple mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake the apples until they are golden brown, about 10 minutes.
3. After they are removed from the oven, sprinkle the cinnamon over apples. Set aside.
4. Toast bread slices until golden brown.
5. Divide the almond butter between the four pieces of toast and spread. Top each toast with apple slices.
Silvia Pinto, Drexel Food Lab