Savory, yet healthy breakfasts are hard to come by these days. But, this apple and almond butter toast is an exception. With some fruit, whole wheat toast, cinnamon, a little bit of sweetness, and some protein from the almond butter, this dish will surely satisfy your Sunday morning french toast cravings.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium size bowl, mix apples, butter and sugar. Spread the apple mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake the apples until they are golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- After they are removed from the oven, sprinkle the cinnamon over apples. Set aside.
- Toast bread slices until golden brown.
- Divide the almond butter between the four pieces of toast and spread. Top each toast with apple slices.