This Broccoli Salad with Creamy Kale Pesto is a tasty ode to the cancer fighting, nutrition packed cruciferous super veggies broccoli and kale. Broccoli is tossed in a deliciously citrusy, aromatic and creamy pesto made of kale and antioxidant walnuts. With the addition of flavorful sundried tomatoes and toasted pine nuts, and finished with a sprinkle of crumbled feta cheese, this easy, complex tasting and delicious broccoli salad is well worth the making.
- In a blender pitcher, combine walnuts, olive oil, lemon juice, yogurt, kale and basil. Blend until smooth, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour pesto into a large bowl. Add broccoli, sun dried tomatoes, cheese and pine nuts. Toss vegetables with pesto until coated. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Ally Zeitz, Drexel Food Lab
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- ½ cup chopped kale
- ¼ cup basil leaves
- 1 head broccoli, chopped, about 4 cups
- ½ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
Ann's Tips and Tricks
To get the pesto dressing really smooth and creamy it’s best to use a high-speed blender if you have one.
I like to crumble the feta over the salad at the very end, after I’ve tossed all the other ingredients together.