I love cilantro. This easy, flavorful Mexican Black Bean Salad is heaven to me since it features both cilantro leaves and seeds. Yes, in case you didn’t know, coriander is cilantro seed. Cilantro has mildly antiseptic properties, not a bad thing when you’re in treatment, but what I love is that the spiciness and taste of this delicious black bean salad will help you blast away the taste blues.
1. On a preheated grill, grill the corn until there is a light char on all sides. About 4 minutes per side, depending on how hot the grill is. Once cool, slice the kernels off the cob.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, cayenne, coriander. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add the corn, radishes, red onion, and black beans to the dressing. Toss the salad and the dressing together.
- 2 ears corn
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- ¼cup lime juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion (about 1 cup), small dice
- 1 to 12 oz can black beans, drained of liquid and rinsed
Ann's Tips and Tricks
Simply broil the corn if your grill’s not fired up.