The cart is empty
Servings: 1 loaf Prep time: 30 minutes
Butternut Squash Bread
Butternut squash is abundant through fall and winter and oh so versatile. It can be made into stews, pastas, salads, you name it. Here, butternut squash shines as the main ingredient in this delicious Butternut Squash Bread. By grating the squash instead of using a mashed or canned variety you get an unbeatable hearty texture. Perfect as an afternoon snack or as an evening treat. Butternut squash may be a vegetable, but as with any sweet treat eat in moderation.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a non-stick loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
3. In bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment or electric mixer, mix eggs, sugar and vegetable oil until pale and creamy. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
4. Fold butternut squash, pistachios and raisins into batter.
5. Pour batter into pan and bake for approximately 50 min, or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.