Cauliflower rice or couscous is extremely easy to make and so delicious. A great way to replace a simple carb like white rice with the nutritious cruciferous vegetable, cauliflower. It might seem like one of those crazy health fad recipes, but cauliflower rice is surprisingly delicious, fluffy, and versatile! Give it a shot.
- Break the cauliflower into large pieces and cut the tough inner core out of each until you have nice florets.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a food processor, do not fill it all the way to the top. You may need to make it in two or more batches.
- Pulse the cauliflower in short pulses until it has the consistency of couscous.
- Pull out any pieces that were not processed, and re-process them to get them to the right consistency.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sautee pan add the cauliflower and salt, cover and cook for 5-10 minutes checking regularly and until it reaches the desired tenderness.
1 head cauliflower (Any size)
1 Tablespoon olive oil
Ann's Tips and Tricks
Cauliflower rice can also be served raw tossed in with salads or chilled sides.
The amount of servings will vary with the size of the cauliflower.
For yellow cauliflower rice, add 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric to the pan along with the salt and cauliflower in step 5.