Breakfast is the perfect time to eat a well-rounded meal, but it doesn’t have to be fussy or difficult. This super easy Cheddar, Swiss Chard & Egg Toast recipe makes getting all the good stuff in on one slice simple.
- Heat a medium size pan on medium-high heat. Once the pan is warm, add the oil to the pan to heat. Then add the Swiss chard and sauté until slightly wilted, about 3 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set Aside.
- Toast bread slices until golden brown. If using hard boiled eggs, cut each into 4 slices.
- While the toast is still warm, sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top. Place Swiss chard on cheese toast and top each one with 4 egg slices or 1 poached egg each.Silvia Pinto, Drexel Food Lab
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped Swiss chard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices of whole wheat bread
- ¼ cup white cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 eggs, hard boiled or poached