This recipe for our protein packed Cheesy Swiss Chard Breakfast Tacos starts with prepping swiss chard from scratch, but the truth of the matter is that this tasty breakfast sandwich is a great way to use up leftover steamed or sautéed greens. Cook a little onion as per recipe, then add the cooked chard. Cook it just long enough to heat it up, about 2 minutes. Add egg and creamy, melty mozzarella cheese and you’re done!
1. In a non-stick sauté pan over medium heat, heat oil and add red onion. Cook until translucent. Add Swiss chard and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until slightly wilted. Add salt and pepper. Remove and reserve chard. Wipe pan.
2. In a small bowl, whisk eggs with salt and pepper.
3. Spray pan with cooking spray and place over medium low heat. Add eggs and cook until set and scrambled.
4. In a separate dry sauté pan over medium low heat, place one tortilla at a time in the pan to heat through.
5. Place a portion of Swiss chard, eggs, and cheese on each taco. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Silvia Pinto, Drexel Food Lab
Be the first to leave a review.