The carrots in this simple Chipotle Roasted Carrot Fries dish undergo an amazing transformation. The spicy marinade turns them into something quite special and totally delicious. A wonderfully tasty, healthy alternative to fries. Delicious!
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Toss the carrot slices with the olive oil, salt, garlic cloves, lime juice, and chipotle. Let marinate for at least 15 minutes.
3. Once the oven is hot, spread the carrots in a single layer on a baking tray. Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
4. Serve with a squeeze of lime juice as a side to our Pumpkin Seed Crusted Chicken.
- 6 large carrots, cut into ½-inch thick pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons canned chipotle in adobo
- Lime slices, for garnish
Ann's Tips and Tricks
You can buy chipotle in adobo in most specialty markets these days. Once opened pour them into a glass container.