The carrots in this simple Chipotle Roasted Carrot Fries dish undergo an amazing transformation. The spicy marinade turns them into something quite special and totally delicious. A wonderfully tasty, healthy alternative to fries. Delicious!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the carrot slices with the olive oil, salt, garlic cloves, lime juice, and chipotle. Let marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Once the oven is hot, spread the carrots in a single layer on a baking tray. Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with a squeeze of lime juice as a side to our Pumpkin Seed Crusted Chicken.
- 6 large carrots, cut into ½-inch thick pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons canned chipotle in adobo
- Lime slices, for garnish
Ann's Tips and Tricks
You can buy chipotle in adobo in most specialty markets these days. Once opened pour them into a glass container.