This tart, creamy chive vinaigrette dressing tastes pretty decadent. Yet thanks to the Greek yogurt, it’s rich in protein and low in fat, and healthier than both ranch dressing or mayo. It is delicious on a simple green salad, or drizzled over steamed vegetables to liven them up. Toss it with warm Yukon Gold potatoes, and you will get a perfectly light potato salad that will please everyone.
1. In a bowl, whisk together cider vinegar and salt and pepper. Stir in the chives. Whisk in the olive oil, then the Greek yogurt. Taste for seasonings.
- 1 tablespoon finely scissored chives
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
Ann's Tips and Tricks
We always choose to use whole milk Greek Yogurt, and eat less of it, but if you want to cut down further on the fat, use 2% rather than fat free. It’s more natural. Fat free yogurt has extra carbs added to it among other things to give it a better mouth feel.