You can use plain Greek yogurt to make so many great dishes, including this one. Creamy Lemon Yogurt is quite delicious and can be whipped up in minutes. It’s worth making if either you or your family are fans of fruit flavored yogurts. Commercial yogurts often pack the same amounts of sugar per cup as ice cream — one little pot can dish up as much as your entire daily allowance of added sugar! Not ours. Here, a little goes a long, delicious way.
1. In a large bowl whisk together the sugar and lemon juice until the sugar has mostly dissolved.
2. Add the yogurt and the lemon zest and whisk together until completely combined and smooth. Serve on it’s own with fresh fruits or compote.
- 2 tablespoons fine granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups plain Greek Yogurt (2% or Whole milk)
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest (see Ann’s Tips)
Ann's Tips and Tricks
Everyone should own a microplane grater. It is one of my favorite most indispensable kitchen tools. I can’t do without one! Citrus zest adds so much mellow flavor to simple foods like this, and a microplane makes easy work of zesting.
If your oncologist has put you on a neutropenic diet, check that they’re OK with you eating live yogurt. Yogurt is full of beneficial bacteria, but they’re bacteria nonetheless and some docs don’t like you being exposed to any at all if your immune has been compromised by chemo. Ask.