This Pomegranate Vinaigrette recipe makes a sharp tartly sweet dressing that’s great with steamed vegetable salads and greens like spinach and romaine. Try it over a raw grated carrot salad for a delicious sweet-sour fix.
Yield: 1/2 cup
- At the bottom of a large salad bowl, whisk the vinegar, honey, salt, pepper, and pomegranate molasses, until completely smooth.
- Beating continuously, slowly add the oil until you have an even, thick dressing. Taste for sharpness, if it is too sharp, add a little cold water or more oil depending on how you like your dressing.
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or water
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
Ann's Tips and Tricks
For a less sharp dressing use water instead of vinegar in step 1.
I often add water to my dressings to cut down on the oil. If you want your dressing heavier, add an extra spoon of oil instead of the water.