This richly delicious spread is the epitome of sweet and salty. The creaminess of the goat cheese makes it even better. This Crostini with Fig & Walnut Tapenade is a nutritious snack but it’s high in calories so eat it in small quantities. If you want a dairy free treat, try replacing the goat cheese with hummus. It won’t be quite as decadent tasting, but it will still be completely yummy.
- Heat the figs and water in small saucepan over medium-high heat until the water evaporates and the figs have softened about 3-5 minutes.
- Chop the figs. Transfer to a bowl, and mix with chopped olives, olive oil, vinegar, capers, thyme and walnuts. Taste for seasoning.
- Spread about 2 teaspoons of goat cheese on each slice of toasted bread and top with a heaping teaspoon of the fig mixture. Serve.
- 1 cup dried Turkish figs
- ⅓ cup water
- ⅓ cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1½ teaspoons fresh thyme
- ¾ cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 (5.5 ounce) log soft fresh goat cheese
- 1 whole wheat baguette, cut into ¼ inch rounds, lightly toasted
Ann's Tips and Tricks
You can use any type of dried black figs for this yummy dip.