This richly delicious spread is the epitome of sweet and salty. The creaminess of the goat cheese makes it even better. This Crostini with Fig & Walnut Tapenade is a nutritious snack but it’s high in calories so eat it in small quantities. If you want a dairy free treat, try replacing the goat cheese with hummus. It won’t be quite as decadent tasting, but it will still be completely yummy.
1. Heat the figs and water in small saucepan over medium-high heat until the water evaporates and the figs have softened about 3-5 minutes.
2. Chop the figs. Transfer to a bowl, and mix with chopped olives, olive oil, vinegar, capers, thyme and walnuts. Taste for seasoning.
3. Spread about 2 teaspoons of goat cheese on each slice of toasted bread and top with a heaping teaspoon of the fig mixture. Serve.
- 1 cup dried Turkish figs
- ⅓ cup water
- ⅓ cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1½ teaspoons fresh thyme
- ¾ cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 (5.5 ounce) log soft fresh goat cheese
- 1 whole wheat baguette, cut into ¼ inch rounds, lightly toasted
Ann's Tips and Tricks
You can use any type of dried black figs for this yummy dip.