Hummus is a nourishing, delicious snack from the Middle East that’s really quick and easy to make. It is a mix of cooked or canned chickpeas and tahini (sesame paste) that’s packed with protein, vitamins, and minerals. For a tasty, healthy snack eat it with vegetable sticks or Baked Whole Wheat Pita Chips If you are on chemo, steam whatever vegetable you want to snack on.You can find tahini at most big supermarkets these days, often in the health food or international sections. Click here for the video!
- Pour half the lemon juice, the garlic, and 1 tablespoon of water into a blender. Blend.
- Add chickpeas and tahini, alternately adding lemon juice, until you have a creamy paste. Taste as you go, adding salt, more lemon juice, and garlic until desired taste is achieved.
- Pour hummus into a serving bowl and make a swirl on the top to decorate it. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika and then parsley.
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped, to taste
- 1/2 cup tahini
- Sea salt, to taste
- Water, as needed
- 2 ½ cups chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley