Miso and the flavors of citrus have long been paired together in Japanese cooking. When tangerines are in season in the late fall, try making this simple, healthy Fish with Tangerine Miso Sauce dish. It will give a pleasant boost to the flavor of your fish.
- Heat the broiler.
- Place the fish in a shallow baking tray lined with foil. Drizzle with canola oil and sprinkle lightly with salt on both sides.
- Broil 4 inches away from the heat for 5 minutes. Take the fish out of the oven and flip. Spread the Tangerine Miso Sauce evenly on the fillets. Return to broil and cook for another 5-7 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
- Serve immediately with chopped scallions.
- 4 (4 ounce) skinless salmon or halibut fillets
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Salt, to taste
- 1 recipe Tangerine Miso Sauce
- 2 stalks scallions, white and light green parts only, chopped
Ann's Tips and Tricks
If you’re making this for one, you will only need ½-¾ teaspoon of oil to rub over your fish.
If you are in chemo, the smell of broiling oily fish like salmon may be too strong to cook this indoors.