This Fresh Strawberry, Apple & Lime Juice recipe comes to us from Hollye Jacobs at The Silver Pen. Juicing can be a great addition to a healthy diet. It is a fast way to get your veggie quotient up, and is especially useful for those of you on low- fiber diets. Juicing strains out most of the fiber making more fruits and veggies accessible to you.
1. Add ingredients, one at a time into a juicer.
2. Pour the fresh juice into a glass and enjoy!
3. Fresh juice is best consumed immediately after juicing, but will keep for up to 3 days.
- 2½ cups fresh organic strawberries, remove stems and cut in half
- 1 organic apple, cored and cut into large pieces
- 1 organic lime, quartered
Ann's Tips and Tricks
If you’re trying to get more fiber into your diet, or simply don’t have a juicer, add a few ice cubes and a cup of water to the yummy recipe Hollye’s given us and try blending instead of juicing it. The result will be thicker and more slushie-like but it will still be totally delish. And although this probably desn’t need to be said, don’t throw in the whole lime, just squeeze out its juice into the blender!