Adding vegetables to your smoothie is a great way to get a substantial, healthy snack.Carrots and oranges load this drink with beta-carotene and vitamin C, plus we’ve added some ground flaxseed and dates for an omega-3 boost, trace minerals, and natural sweetness. Click here for the video!
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth. Best if served immediately.
- 1 cup carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 (2-inch) piece of fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup orange juice, preferable freshly squeezed
- 3 pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 2 ice cubes
Ann's Tips and Tricks
If you only can find flax seeds, you can turn them into meal by putting them into your coffee grinder and pulsing.