This Ginger Carrot Dressing is from my friend, Ed Seppo. It’s a tastier version of the salad dressing you get in many Japanese restaurants. It’s great with leafy salad greens, crunchy veggies, or over brown rice. If you can’t find mirin, use Amontillado sherry or Marsala wine as a substitute.
Yield: 1 cup
- Puree all the ingredients except the sesame seeds into a blender.
- Fold in the sesame seeds if using. Serve.
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- ½ cup grated carrot
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tamari, or soy sauce
- 1½ teaspoons grated ginger root
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon ground fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon toasted black or white sesame seeds