In England we use mint sauce only for lamb, but it’s great in this Golden Roasted Vegetable Salad with roasted beets and squash. The sharp taste of the minty vinegar dressing offsets the sweetness of the roasted vegetables. It’s delicious, and it’s good for you. To make this even easier to prepare purchase peeled squash at the supermarket, if it’s available.
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Toss the beets and squash in a little olive oil and spread them out in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Roast them until they are tender and slightly caramelized, about 30-40 minutes, depending on their size.
3. While the vegetables are roasting, toast the almonds in a heavy frying pan until they are a golden brown. As soon as they are ready, tip them into a bowl to stop the cooking and set aside. Do not let them burn!
4. For the dressing, heat the sugar, salt, and vinegar in a small saucepan until the sugar has completely melted and the vinegar is reduced a little. Turn off the heat and add the mint. Set aside.
5. When the vegetables are cooked, put them into a large bowl and mix in the dressing while they are still warm. Leave to sit as long as you can before serving. The longer they marinate in the dressing, the better they will taste.
6. Pile the vegetables onto a large serving plate, drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with the toasted almonds. Serve warm or at room temperature.
For mint-infused recipes, check out our Mint Recipes Slideshow!
Ann's Tips and Tricks
If your beets come with leaves, don’t throw them away; cook them like spinach and add them to the salad.
Be the first to leave a review.