This homemade adobo powder from Chef Naxielly Doiminguez is super easy to make, and a perfect substitute for commercial adobo mixes that are often loaded with salt and MSG. It uses onion and garlic powder, oregano, ground cumin, and also packs the antioxidant punch of turmeric instead of the more usual achiote. It’s an easy and delicious mix.
- In a small bowl or bowl, mix the onion powder, garlic, pepper, oregano, cumin, turmeric and salt.
- Transfer the homemade seasoning mixture to an airtight glass container with a lid. Use as needed.
- 3 tablespoons onion powder
- 3 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of salt