Peanut butter cookies are an American classic, but are usually loaded with a ton of sugar and butter. Our Honey Peanut Butter Cookies recipe is partly sweetened with honey, and cuts out the butter, it but doesn’t it compromise on huge peanut flavor. In fact, these cookies are a true peanut butter lover’s dream! They will certainly safely satisfy your craving for sweets if you are chemo weary.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl sift together the whole wheat pastry flour, baking soda, and sea salt.
3. In a large bowl, with a wooden spoon mix the peanut butter, egg, honey, brown sugar, olive oil, and vanilla extract until well combined. Stir in the dry ingredients in two batches, just until absorbed. Let dough sit for 10 minutes.
4. Take a heaping tablespoon of dough, roll into a ball with your hands and place onto the prepared baking sheet. Flatten with the back of a fork. Sprinkle with some flaky salt or sugar, if desired.
5. Bake for 8 minutes, just until lightly golden. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
Be the first to leave a review.