Pesto is so delicious and can be made with a numerous combination of greens and nuts. This Pistachio Pesto utilizes pistachios and basil leaves. It’s just as delicious as traditional pesto, but as pistachios are slightly cheaper than pine nuts, this is a great recipe alternative.
1. In food processor, pulse pistachios until you get a mixture of fine meal with some small pieces remaining.
2. Add in all the basil leaves and process until well chopped.
3. Slowly add the oil and puree until smooth.
4. Season with salt to taste. Serve on top of chicken or roasted veggies, or toss with pasta for a quick meal.
Peter Schoemer, Drexel Food Lab
- 1 ½ cups pistachios, toasted
- 2 cups packed basil leaves, washed
- ¾ cups extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
Ann's Tips and Tricks
This recipe makes about 2 cups.