This time of year everyone is in the mood for a little pumpkin spice. Rather than go out and buy a Pumpkin Spice Latte to quell that craving, consider that you might have exactly what you need in your own home. This recipe is extravagant and delicious. Perfect for a chilly Sunday at home with friends or family.
1. In a small pot add pumpkin puree, milk, sugar, and spice, and place over medium heat. Cook for 10 minutes or until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and strain through a sieve.
2. While pumpkin milk is still warm, add espresso and serve. Top with whipped cream if desired.
Dana Bloom, Drexel Food Lab
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar, to taste
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 4 shots espresso
- Whipped cream for garnish (optional)