This is a great way to use up leftover chicken or turkey. You can also make this curry using extra firm tofu or grilled tempeh instead of meat. The vegetables can vary as long as garlic, onions, and ginger are used as a base. We love using cabbage as as one of the veggies in this dish. It adds the anti-cancer punch of the cruciferous family to this quick and delicious leftover curry dish. You can watch the video here.
1. Heat oil in a wok or heavy bottomed pan over medium heat. Add coriander seeds, fry for 1 minute then add the ginger and garlic.
2. Fry until garlic begins to color then add the onion, carrot and chili. Fry until the vegetables are softened and onion is golden. Add cabbage and fry until the leaves have wilted.
3. Add curry powder, cayenne and turmeric cook for 1 minute. Add chicken and fry for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Mix in raisins and coconut milk or dried coconut along with its soak water. Add more water if necessary. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to boil then lower heat to simmer. Cook covered for 10 minutes.
5. Add lime juice and fresh cilantro, mix well. Cook another 1 to 2 minutes. Serve with brown rice.
Be the first to leave a review.