This deliciously spiced quinoa pudding is as easy to make as it is eat! Dairy-free and vegetarian, it’s the perfect comfort food to nibble on when you’re feeling low. It’s great eaten at breakfast, yummy as a dessert, and compared to a traditional rice pudding more nutritious too. Unlike white rice, quinoa brings fiber and complete protein to this updated version of a family favorite. Give it a try. Neither you nor your family will regret it!
- Place quinoa in a strainer and rinse with water, let it drain for a couple of minutes. Transfer quinoa to a large saucepan and add water, almond milk and cinnamon sticks. Bring to a boil over medium high heat; reduce to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes, stirring frequently to avoid sticking.
- Add raisins, honey, vanilla extract and ground cinnamon. Stir to combine and remove from the heat. Let it cool to room temperature or refrigerate. Add more almond milk as need it, if pudding gets too thick.
- Serve with sliced almonds.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups unsweetened almond milk, plus more
- 2 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup honey (vegans See Ann’s Tips)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup sliced almonds
Ann's Tips and Tricks
To make this vegan too, swap out the honey for either agave nectar or maple syrup.