This Sesame Vinaigrette Dressing is graced by the nutty and elegant flavors of ground sesame. Try it out in the next salad you make. I often add water to my dressings to cut down on the oil. If you want your dressing heavier, add an extra spoon of oil instead of water.
- In a bowl whisk together the tahini, vinegar, soy sauce, salt, pepper, and sugar if using, until the salt has dissolved.
- Gradually beat in the olive oil until well blended. Taste for sharpness. If the dressing is too sharp, beat in some water, a little at a time, until your dressing is to your taste.
- 1 to 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pinch of brown sugar (optional)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water or to taste