This Sesame Vinaigrette Dressing is graced by the nutty and elegant flavors of ground sesame. Try it out in the next salad you make. I often add water to my dressings to cut down on the oil. If you want your dressing heavier, add an extra spoon of oil instead of water.
1. In a bowl whisk together the tahini, vinegar, soy sauce, salt, pepper, and sugar if using, until the salt has dissolved.
2. Gradually beat in the olive oil until well blended. Taste for sharpness. If the dressing is too sharp, beat in some water, a little at a time, until your dressing is to your taste.
- 1 to 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pinch of brown sugar (optional)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water or to taste