This Southern Spiced Popcorn is a wonderful savory treat and is a great companion to sweet summery drinks julep anyone? But it’s also a perfect snack come the Holidays as a crunchy change-up to all the sugary treats of the season.
- Put the oil and popcorn in a large saucepot with a tight lid. Turn on the heat to medium-high and continuously shake the pot back and forth over the flame.
- Keep the lid on and keep shaking the pot until the popping slows down.
- Remove from heat. Empty into a bowl and sprinkle with salt, cayenne, old bay, and smoked paprika.
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ cup popcorn kernels
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon old bay seasoning
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika