This Southern Spiced Popcorn is a wonderful savory treat and is a great companion to sweet summery drinks julep anyone? But it’s also a perfect snack come the Holidays as a crunchy change-up to all the sugary treats of the season.
1.Put the oil and popcorn in a large saucepot with a tight lid. Turn on the heat to medium-high and continuously shake the pot back and forth over the flame.
2. Keep the lid on and keep shaking the pot until the popping slows down.
3. Remove from heat. Empty into a bowl and sprinkle with salt, cayenne, old bay, and smoked paprika.
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ cup popcorn kernels
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon old bay seasoning
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika