Breakfast is a wonderful meal, whenever you choose to eat it. This Tahini & Apple Oatmeal is a naturally sweet, simple breakfast porridge and a vegan treat that will keep you going morning, noon, and night. It’s delicious enough to eat anytime, and gently nutritious enough to sustain you even when you’re feeling queasy from treatment. Give it a try.
1. Pour water into a medium pot and bring to a boil.
2. Once boiling, add oats, salt, and apples and turn heat down to a simmer.
3. Cook until the oats and apples are soft, about 10 minutes. The oatmeal should be thick and the water should be absorbed.
4. Remove from the heat. Stir in the tahini and serve immediately.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup rolled oats
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 medium apples, Gala or Golden Delicious, peeled, cored, and cut into a small dice. (about 2 cups)
- ½ cup tahini
Ann's Tips and Tricks
For extra protein, add a dollop of yogurt or the milk of your choice.