This Turkey Bistec Encebollado is the perfect replacement for a traditional red meat steak recipe. This recipe is prepared the exact same way as the traditional beef version but with a healthier spin by using turkey steak. Simple changes like these can make a big difference. Turkey steak is a slice of the turkey breast that has a piece of the bone intact. You can ask your butcher for this cut if it’s not available pre-packaged at your grocery store or simply use a turkey breast cut into 4 slices lengthwise. The simple marinade in this recipe takes minutes to prepare, it seasons and tenderizes the meat to perfection. This Turkey Bistec Encebollado will provide all the comforts of the traditional recipe and is a great go-to when you’re looking for a protein packed dinner.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add turkey and coat with marinade. Marinate at least 1 hour, up to overnight.
- Heat a large oven-proof sauté pan over medium heat and add remaining olive oil. Add steaks and onions and sear for about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer pan to the oven and roast for about 10 minutes, or until steaks are cooked through.
- Serve with corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lemon, juiced (about ¼ cup)
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 turkey breast
- 1 medium red onion
Ann's Tips and Tricks
turkey steaks are slices of turkey breast that sometimes have a piece of the breast bone intact. Ask grocery store butcher for assistance, or purchase a turkey breast and slice into 4 steaks.