This Tzatziki is a classic Greek yogurt that sauce is cooling and easy to make when you are feeling run down.
1. Set a colander over a bowl, and salt the cucumber. Let drain for 20 minutes. Pat dry.
2. Meanwhile, chop the garlic with a generous pinch of salt. Chop into a paste.
3. In a medium bowl, mix the garlic paste with yogurt, lemon juice, mint leaves, and pepper to taste. Stir in the cucumbers. Taste for seasoning. Keep in the refrigerator until ready to eat. Serve with Baked Whole Wheat Pita Chips.
- ½ large English cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into a small dice
- Salt, to taste
- ½ small garlic clove
- 16-ounces whole Greek yogurt
- Juice from half a lemon
- ½ cup mint leaves, chopped
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste