With this sweet, tart glaze, our Whole Pomegranate Glazed Chicken is the perfect centerpiece for any holiday meal. The glaze can also be used for turkey on Thanksgiving, just double up the quantities so you have enough.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove any giblets from the opening of the body cavity and pat dry. Tie drumsticks together with kitchen twine.
- Stuff the cavity of the chicken with the head of garlic, quartered oranges, and rosemary sprigs. Rub the chicken with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place the chicken in a roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, mix the pomegranate molasses, honey, paprika, and orange juice. Liberally brush all over the chicken. Reserve any leftover glaze.
- Roast the chicken for 45-60 minutes, basting with pan juices and brushing with the pomegranate mixture occasionally. The chicken is ready when the juices run clear when the thigh is pierced.
- Let rest for 15 minutes then carve and serve.
Ann's Tips and Tricks
Pomegranate molasses is extremely versatile and can be found in many supermarkets or specialty stores in the sugar aisle.
If you’re cooking a turkey double up the quantities of glaze ingredients so that you’ve enough to keep basting your turkey with throughout the cooking,
For those on a neutropenic diet, always use a meat thermometer to make sure the chicken is properly cooked through to 168F.