Our Whole Wheat Apple Dutch Baby pancake may be healthy but it sure doesn’t taste like it! Super easy to make, his crispy baked apple pancake is a delicious way to get some cancer fighting nutrients along with a lot of fiber. A great dish for a special Fall brunch, or for a weekday treat as dessert. Give it a whirl.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs, milk, whole wheat flour, and cinnamon until smooth.
- In a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add apples, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, brown sugar, and salt. Cook and stir until apples are well coated with sugar and soft, about 5 minutes.
- While pan is hot, pour batter over apples to coat bottom of pan.
- Bake 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 300 degrees and bake an additional 10 minutes or until brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Dust with powdered sugar to serve.
6 tablespoons butter
1 apple, thinly sliced
1½ teaspoons cinnamon, divided
1 tablespoon brown sugar
¾ cup milk
¾ cup whole wheat flour
¼ cup powdered sugar