The cart is empty
Servings: 4 Prep time: 20minutes Total time: 46minutes
Whole Wheat Apple Dutch Baby
Our Whole Wheat Apple Dutch Baby pancake may be healthy but it sure doesn’t taste like it! Super easy to make, his crispy baked apple pancake is a delicious way to get some cancer fighting nutrients along with a lot of fiber. A great dish for a special Fall brunch, or for a weekday treat as dessert. Give it a whirl.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs, milk, whole wheat flour, and cinnamon until smooth.
- In a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add apples, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, brown sugar, and salt. Cook and stir until apples are well coated with sugar and soft, about 5 minutes.
- While pan is hot, pour batter over apples to coat bottom of pan.
- Bake 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 300 degrees and bake an additional 10 minutes or until brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Dust with powdered sugar to serve.
Emily Lloyd, Drexel Food Lab