There’s always room for a little snickerdoodle in your life. These Whole Wheat Snickerdoodles are the perfect spicy cookie for the holidays or any time of year. These are made with whole wheat, but certainly shouldn’t be mistaken for healthy. A little sweet goes a long way.
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Cream butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer. Add egg and vanilla and beat until incorporated. Add combined dry ingredients slowly in 3 to 4 batches.
4. Combine white sugar and cinnamon. Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in cinnamon sugar mixture.
5. Place dough balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet and press down lightly on each with the bottom of a drinking glass to flatten slightly.
6. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until golden brown.
Emily Crasnick, Drexel Food Lab
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon