Nobody on treatment should have to give up pizza. This Zucchini Ricotta Pizza is delicious and perfect for a vegetarian weeknight meal. With this recipe we make sure everyone gets to eat some, even those on a bland diet. Turn the oven on, tuck in and enjoy!
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. On a parchment-lined baking sheet, par-bake the crust 5-6 minutes until the dough begins to firm up.
2. Mix ricotta with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. In a separate bowl, toss the zucchini slices in the remaining oil.
4. Remove the pizza crust from the oven and spread on seasoned ricotta. Scatter the spinach, sliced zucchini and the pine nuts over the top.
5. Bake the pizza another 4-5 minutes until edges of crust are crisp and the spinach wilted.
6. Slice and serve.
Ann's Tips and Tricks
If you don’t have the energy or confidence to make pizza dough, buy a pound of ready made from your local pizzeria or supermarket. Use half for this – freeze the rest. Buy wholewheat dough unless you’re on a bland diet in which case regular white dough will be the right one for you. If that’s even too much, whole wheat pita or naan breads make an excellent base for a quick tasty pizza meal.
For pizza with ingredients cooked through and through, you can sautee the oiled zucchini slices for 3 minutes before adding to the pizza.