This delicious fall version of Zuni Sage Pesto is made with aromatic fresh sage leaves and rich walnuts. It is absolutely wonderful. Whether you stir it into a simple pumpkin soup, put a dollop on some wholewheat pasta, or use it as a garnish with simply steamed or roasted vegetables, it can turn the simplest meal into something special.
1. Puree the sage, olive oil and garlic in a food processor or blender. Add the walnuts and continue to puree. Add the cheese, salt, and pepper and puree until smooth.2. Serve immediately or cover and chill until ready to eat. This recipe makes one cup of pesto, which is roughly four servings.
- ¼ cup packed fresh sage leaves
- ½ cup mild olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese