These mini cheesecakes are a bit of a contradiction – a slightly savory dessert. Contradictory, but delicious! This Apple Gouda Cheesecake recipe couldn’t be easier to make, and the cheesecakes are a perfect little treat for a pick-me-up during treatment when fatigue strikes. Use homemade applesauce and you’ll have a total taste treat. And kids love them too! Who could ask for anything more?
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Make the crust: in a food processor, combine graham crackers and butter. Add water until mixture binds together. Place in cupcake liners and par bake for 3-4 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, using a hand mixer beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add sugar and butter, beating well. Add egg and beat until well incorporated. Mix in applesauce and cheese.
4. Spoon cream cheese mixture into each cupcake tin, atop the par baked graham cracker crust. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheesecake springs back when lightly touched.
- 2 packages graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 8 oz. cream cheese (see Ann’s Tips)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 egg
- ½ cup applesauce
- ¼ cup grated gouda cheese
Ann's Tips and Tricks
These are far from fat-free. If you want to cut down on the fat a little, use reduced fat cream cheese. But as always, moderation is key. A little bit of something tasty like this can be good for you.