These mini cheesecakes are a bit of a contradiction – a slightly savory dessert. Contradictory, but delicious! This Apple Gouda Cheesecake recipe couldn’t be easier to make, and the cheesecakes are a perfect little treat for a pick-me-up during treatment when fatigue strikes. Use homemade applesauce and you’ll have a total taste treat. And kids love them too! Who could ask for anything more?
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make the crust: in a food processor, combine graham crackers and butter. Add water until mixture binds together. Place in cupcake liners and par bake for 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using a hand mixer beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add sugar and butter, beating well. Add egg and beat until well incorporated. Mix in applesauce and cheese.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into each cupcake tin, atop the par baked graham cracker crust. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheesecake springs back when lightly touched.
- 2 packages graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 8 oz. cream cheese (see Ann’s Tips)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 egg
- ½ cup applesauce
- ¼ cup grated gouda cheese
Ann's Tips and Tricks
These are far from fat-free. If you want to cut down on the fat a little, use reduced fat cream cheese. But as always, moderation is key. A little bit of something tasty like this can be good for you.