Unlike many dips, this Artichoke Dip is cooked, making it a good snacking choice when going through chemo. This artichoke dish is great at room temperature or hot out of the oven. It makes a tasty, creamy side for broiled fish or chicken.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Drain the artichoke hearts. Roughly chop two of the hearts. Keep separate from the whole hearts and set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the garlic and cook just until it begins to turn golden. Add the spinach. Stir and cook for 1 minute. Turn off the heat.
- Transfer the spinach mixture to a food processor or blender. Puree with whole artichoke hearts, beans, yogurt, salt, and lemon zest. Puree until smooth. Stir in chopped artichokes and transfer to a small baking dish.
- Top with grated Parmesan and breadcrumbs. Bake until golden and bubbly -- about 35 minutes. Serve hot with whole wheat bread or crackers.
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh baby spinach, or 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed
- ½ cup canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Breadcrumbs