Surprise, surprise! Salsa isn’t only about tomatoes! Juicy ripe peaches and smoky chipotle in adobo pair up to make this perfectly yummy fruity peach salsa. It is the perfect summertime treat. Enjoy it the classic way with chips, or as a condiment with grilled fish or chicken.
1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Taste and adjust. Let sit for 5 minutes then serve with Whole Wheat Tortilla Chips.
- 2 ripe peaches, pit removed and cut into a ½-inch dice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chipotle in adobo, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
Ann's Tips and Tricks
Chipotle chilies in adobo are quite spicy. You can either use just the adobo sauce the whole chilies are canned in, or, for a spicier salsa, you can chop in a whole chili.
These days, chipotle chilies in adobo can be found in most supermarkets. La Morena and Roland are the most frequently found brands. If your local market doesn’t have them, buy them online at Amazon.