If you’re looking for a naughty treat to satisfy your sweet tooth, or to pick you up when you feel tired (I certainly did during my chemo) then look no further. These Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are awfully good. They are easy to make, and, once cooled, can be frozen to keep on hand for several months, if you can keep your hands off them that long.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 9 muffin molds, or fill with liners.
2. In a small bowl with a fork, combine all the crumble ingredients. Pour onto plastic wrap, flatten then cover and put into the freezer for 10 minutes.
3. While the crumble is cooling, in a large bowl, whisk together the whole wheat pastry flour, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, almonds and chocolate chips.
4. In a separate medium bowl, mash the bananas with a potato masher or large fork until smooth with a few chunks remaining. Add in the egg, olive oil, yogurt, and vanilla extract.
5. Add the banana mixture to the flour and fold in with a spatula until just combined. Pour the mixture evenly among the 9 muffin tins, they should be filled almost to the top.
6. Top each muffin with about 2 tablespoons of the crumble topping, then back for 20 minutes until golden. Let cool in the tray for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack.
Ann's Tips and Tricks
For a lower fiber muffin, use all purpose white flour
Be the first to leave a review.