These Cheddar Crackers certainly aren’t low calorie. But when you’re losing weight from treatment it is good to have small, accessible high calorie snacks around the house. It doesn’t hurt that they are completely delicious.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In the food processor pulse the cheese, butter, flours and salt together until the mixture looks like coarse sand. Pour in the water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Remove dough from the processor, wrap in plastic, and chill for 20 minutes.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin and cut into desired shapes using a cookie cutter. Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until crispy.
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, diced
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold water