It’s not Thanksgiving without cranberry sauce and this homemade cranberry-orange sauce is the perfect addition to any holiday plate. You may have fond (or not so fond) memories of the slices of canned cranberry sauce from childhood, but this homemade cranberry sauce recipe is sure to be a major improvement. Cranberry sauce is one of the easiest things to do on Turkey Day and will brighten up any plate, it’s also a great way to get a healthy dose of fruit and fiber. Simply combine fresh cranberries, orange juice and zest, cloves, and honey in a saucepan and voila! You’re done.
- In a medium saucepot, combine cranberries, orange, water, honey and cloves.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook until cranberries burst and liquid begins to thicken, about 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from heat and allow to cool. Pour mixture into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- 1 (12-ounce) bag fresh cranberries
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves