Pita pizzas rule! This eggplant pita pizza is a comfort food that we can honestly say is good for you. With roasted eggplant layered over white bean hummus, this delicious, easy to make recipe contains a slew of phytonutrients, many which are active antioxidants, along with a variety of vitamins and minerals — and that’s before we talk fiber! Go for it.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. On a baking sheet, place the eggplant in a single layer. Drizzle the eggplant with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Place the eggplant in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the eggplant is soft and golden brown.
4. In the bowl of a food processor, place the cannellini beans, tahini, cumin, lemon juice, and zest. Puree the beans until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Place the pita on a baking sheet and warm slightly in the oven. Remove from the oven and spread a portion of the bean spread onto each pita. Top with roasted eggplant and sprinkled with red pepper flakes and garnished with chopped parsley or cilantro.
6. Cut each pita into four slices and serve.
Ann's Tips and Tricks
The white bean hummus spread on this pita pizza is delicious in it’s own right. If you have any left over from making these pizzas, don’t worry, it won’t stay that way for long!
Be the first to leave a review.