Packed to the brim with the most delicious fruits, these Fruit and Nut Clusters are a classic holiday treat, and are perfect to have around the house for snacking. If you’re having trouble keeping calories up snacks with added nutrients like fruits and nuts can be a great help.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place the pecans and walnuts on a baking sheet. Toast the nuts in the oven on a sheet pan just until the nutty aroma comes out, about 15 minutes. After the toasted nuts have cooled, chop them into small pieces.
- Place the pecans, walnuts, apricots, cherries, figs, raisins, and ginger into the bowl of a food processor. Process until the nuts and dried fruit are chopped and almost form a paste. Add honey until the mixture just comes together
- Shape the mixture into 1 inch balls, or into desired size. Place onto parchment paper, then roll the clusters in the topping of your choice.
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup dried apricots
- ½ cup dried cherries
- ¼ cup dried figs
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup candied ginger
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Coconut flakes, chocolate shavings or oats as desired for topping