Packed to the brim with the most delicious fruits, these Fruit and Nut Clusters are a classic holiday treat, and are perfect to have around the house for snacking. If you’re having trouble keeping calories up snacks with added nutrients like fruits and nuts can be a great help.
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Place the pecans and walnuts on a baking sheet. Toast the nuts in the oven on a sheet pan just until the nutty aroma comes out, about 15 minutes. After the toasted nuts have cooled, chop them into small pieces.
3. Place the pecans, walnuts, apricots, cherries, figs, raisins, and ginger into the bowl of a food processor. Process until the nuts and dried fruit are chopped and almost form a paste. Add honey until the mixture just comes together
4. Shape the mixture into 1 inch balls, or into desired size. Place onto parchment paper, then roll the clusters in the topping of your choice.
Julianne Scott, Drexel Food Lab
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup dried apricots
- ½ cup dried cherries
- ¼ cup dried figs
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ candied ginger
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Coconut flakes, chocolate shavings or oats as desired for topping