Grilled Corn & Poblano Salad is the perfect go-to side in the end of summer when the corn is sweet and ready for the grill. Once you heat up the grill this salad cooks up quickly. The corn and peppers only need to be on the grill for about five minutes to bring out their natural flavor and sweetness. Chili powder, paprika, lime, and queso fresco make this salad like traditional Elote a traditional style of corn on the cob in Mexico, but you can eat it with a fork! Give it a shot.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, garlic powder, and smoked paprika.
- Rub each ear of corn with butter and sprinkle with spice mix.
- Place seasoned corn and poblano peppers on grill. Cook corn and peppers on each side for about 5 minutes, or until lightly charred. Allow to cool.
- Cut all kernels off the corn and place in a large bowl.
- Remove skin and seeds from peppers. Chop peppers and add to corn along with tomatoes, olive oil, lime juice, queso fresco, salt and pepper. Toss to combine and serve.
Isabel Guerriero, Drexel Food Lab
1 tablespoon chili powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
3 ears of corn, cleaned
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 green poblano peppers
1 large tomato, medium dice
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 limes, juiced and zested
½ cup queso fresco
salt and pepper to taste