Give your breakfast a south of the border twist with these Huevos Rancheros. Originally prepared as a working man’s morning meal in rural Mexican farms, it’s a deliciously satisfying way to start your day. The garlicky tomato sauce makes the eggs come alive, while the cilantro gives it a special zing. ¡Buen provecho!
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add diced tomatoes and hot sauce. Bring to a simmer. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
3. In a sauté pan over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add onions and peppers and sauté until tender, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Place cooked peppers and onions in a small bowl and reserve.
4. To the same pan, add remaining olive oil. Add eggs and cook to desired doneness.
5. Wrap tortillas in foil and place in oven to warm, about 15 minutes.
6. Assemble tortillas on separate plates. Top each tortilla with tomato sauce, pepper-onion mixture, and one egg. Garnish with cilantro and cheese. Serve immediately
Be the first to leave a review.