Poached apples are a great go-to when you want a simple and delicious treat or snack, especially if you’re on a bland diet. These sweetly floral lavender poached apples are just that. Paired with salty sweet tahini cream to bring the tastes together, if you’re going through treatment and have to pass on raw apples, this is an easy and yummy alternative.
- In a medium sauce pot, combine water, sugar, lavender, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, making sure all the sugar is dissolved. Once water comes to a boil, reduce heat to simmer and cook until reduced by about a third and you have a light lavender flavored syrup.
- Add apples to a clean pan in a single layer - a sauté pan is perfect. Pour the lavender syrup over the apples through a strainer. The apples should be barely covered with syrup. Bring the apples to a simmer and cover. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until fork tender. Once cooked, remove the apples from the liquid with a slotted spoon and cool slightly. Reserve the syrup.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Greek yogurt, tahini, and honey.
- Serve the apples drizzled with a little of the reserved syrup and topped with a dollop of the tahini cream.
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup lavender
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 medium Golden Delicious apples, cores removed, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 teaspoons honey
Ann's Tips and Tricks
Keep the reserved syrup in the fridge to stir into yogurt or to poach more apples in. Golden Delicious are sweet all on their own. for a tarter flavor use Pink Lady or Braeburn apples.